Friday, July 30, 2010

Wildflower Pedicures

Wildflower Pedicures
Not long ago, my friend Brook and I were laughing about how easy it is to entertain kids with simple, household items.  You know, the "box is usually cooler than the toy" type of things.  For several weeks this winter, the girls colored the outside of a giant white cardboard box (Santa must have left it here by mistake when he brought their presents) preparing to make it a fort.  Likewise, Brook suggested this summer we send our kids outside with sponges or paint brushes and a bucket of water to "paint" the driveway.  Then when it dries up, they can "paint" some more!  Genius!  Just as much fun as sidewalk chalk and much less mess!  My girls, however, had another plan.

Don't look too closely, though, or you will see how badly
I need an actual pedicure!
We were outside a few weeks ago enjoying the weather when A & C came to show me their great new idea, "Mommy, we want to paint your toes!"  Hmmm...I paint their fingers and toes fairly often and I was worried they thought it was time they got a turn with the nail polish.  But before I could come up with a clever way to weasle my way out of that adventure, they clarified their intentions.  "We're going to paint your toes with these pretty flowers!"  The pretty flowers they were referring to are actually the white wildflowers that grow in places nothing else can.  Far be it for me to pass up a pedicure of any kind - so paint away girls!  They went to get water from the inflatable pool so when they painted my toes they would "sparkle" in the sun.  Daddy even let them paint his toes a couple times!  He was a great client :)  So we spent last Sunday, once again, giving each other wildflower pedicures...and some manicures too! 

Making my toes "sparkle"

We couldn't finish without doing manicures too!

4 comments:

  1. Too cute! So...I guess I need a girl next, otherwise I will never enjoy a pedi like yours! (BTW, did Nick's toes also sparkle?) Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! I'm hoping I have this to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love how they are running back to the pool to get more water so your toes can sparkle.

    ReplyDelete