Tuesday, July 27, 2010

To My Tresses: Welcome to 2010

So after coloring my hair last month, somehow I still wasn't totally over my "transformation" phase.  Don't get me wrong, I *love* my new color!  But I felt like something was missing.  Enter my search for a new styling tool.  Yes, this hair thing has become a bit of an obsession.

It should be noted that I am one of 10 people on the planet who still use a curling iron on a regular basis.  I'm not talking about fancy up-do's or special occasions.  Nope, every morning that I actually fix my hair, (which is about 2-3 times /week) I heat up the curling iron.  My stylist still teases me about it, practically begging me to at least try a flat iron but, as I mentioned in my last post, I am a creature of habit.  So it only took 10 years and my beloved curling iron actually falling apart for me to give this whole flat iron thing a try.  First I tried a hairdryer-roundbrush combo that sounded too good to be true...and it was.  Dry my hair and style it at the same time - Awesome!  How efficient!  Well, unless it doesn't actually dry your hair.  Disappointed, I return it and decide I'm going back to my curling iron...except there's this great-looking, resonably priced flat iron next to the curling irons I was checking out.  Now, I understand the CHI iron is the best there is, but seeing how I am new to the flat iron game, I am not going to shell out $130+ for something I have no idea how to use.  So this flat iron compares itself to the CHI iron and is a fraction of the price, so I decide to give it a go.  After a little experimentation and deciding I need to become more ambidextrious to properly use this thing, I have successfully used the flat iron to style my hair the way I thought only celebrity stylists knew how!  Now, it took much longer than my daily routine allows but for a special date night or girls night out, I'm set!

5 comments:

  1. You'll get better at it! Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you go flat, you never go back! ;) Looks awesome--I like the flip. :) If your flat iron is pulling on your hair or not getting it smooth enough on the first try, go for the Chi. I bought my first one 10 years ago and have only replaced it once. The price isn't bad considering I use it almost every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the hair, Brandi! I never, ever use a flat iron either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my flat iron but it did take a while to get used to it. I broke down and bought the Chi a few months ago and it is awesome. I got mine on sale at Ulta for $99 (I think) and it should last for several years.

    I love your new color!! I think it suits you!

    ReplyDelete