Friday, August 27, 2010

Preschool Day One, Jolly Jinglebells and other Mommy Musings

A: I don't want to go to Pre-school.
C: If you don't go, I won't have a buddy.
A: I want to be your buddy.
C: Then you better go to preschool!

Another busy week at the Wolf home...A & C started Pre-school this week!  Now, preparing for Pre-school, in my mind, was going to a lot like their Parent's Day Out program (at the same church) was last year.  Pre-school is, of course, more frequently than their once a week PDO, but I envisioned their daily routine would be very similar.  When we went to their Open House last Saturday, however, I learned that I was sadly mistaken.  Pre-school is going to be hard work...for me!  This week, for example, is Green Week.  Which means I had to hunt down 6 green shirts for this week.  (Okay, I cheated for the first day of school....who wants to wear a boring green shirt when you can wear the adorable dresses they got for their birthday?!?) 



Holding hands :)




In addition to green shirts, their snack is supposed to coordinate with the color/theme of the week...and it so happened that A had snack on Monday and C on Wednesday.  (It should be noted that we were in L'burg with my family this weekend and snack was the last thing I wanted to do when we got home at 8:30 Sunday night.)  And celery wasn't going to cut it this week, as both girls were celebrating their birthday on their respective snack day...so it had to be something fun!  Sunday night I ended up with store-bought chocolate chunk cookies with green icing drizzled on top and Tuesday night's masterpiece was Rice Crispy Treats with green M&M's and...wait for it...green icing (leftover from Monday's snack; resourceful, right??)  Friday is their Sharing Day, so tonight I sent them looking for something green to take for show and tell tomorrow.  Whew!  I'll be glad when I finally feel settled into our weekly routine.

As I mentioned, we were back home visiting my parents, brother and his fiancee.  Josh and Brittany have been planning their June 2011 wedding for over a year now...until Friday afternoon.  The reception hall called, stated they were double-booked and that the other couple had paid their deposit first.  After much discussion, they decided to move the wedding up to this December...yep, 4 months away!  Jolly Jinglebells!!!  It's time to bust out the bull horn and put on the Christmas music - my favorite seasons (fall, football, and Christmas) of all time are upon us and it's going to be topped off with a wedding!!  (You know I'm here for you, B!!)

All this wedding talk made me anxious to watch our wedding video again.  It's been years since we've gotten it out - and it made the past 7 years suddenly feel like a split second.  Reliving that day was both wonderful and hilarious!  My parents trying to hold it together for pictures, our friends all looked sooo young, my adorable then-2-year-old nephew enjoying his wagon ride down the aisle and soaking up all the attention (can't wait to bust out those pictures for his first girlfriend - Sorry Ang, but you know it's coming sometime!)...what a wonderful, beautiful day! 

The only thing I wish I could change about that otherwise perfect day?  Me.  Or rather, my waistline.  At the time, I didn't want to be one of those girls who felt like I had to change my appearance (i.e. lose weight) for my wedding.  I was confident with myself and my husband-to-be loved all of me, so why should I care what dress size I wore?  Turns out, 7 years later, I do care.  I was 10 lbs heavier on my wedding day than I am right now, 3 kids later, and in some ways wish I could get my absolutely perfect dress out of preservation, lace up the back and take new pictures in it!!  (Seriously, my married friends, you HAVE to want to get your dresses back out just to wear them around the house, right?!?) 

I can honestly say, though, that my wedding day is easily in my Top 3 favorite memories of my adult life (right up there with the births of my babies) - and just like my favorite songs,  my favorite jeans and my favorite prolific NFL quarterbacks, you should not mess with a "Top 3" anything!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should be proud you are 10 lbs lighter now than you were on your wedding day. You had 3 kids and one of those pregnancies was twins! You are a full-time mom who doesn't always have a lot of time to herself but still managed to get back into shape. And yes, sometimes I think about putting on my wedding dress again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the opening conversation! B, you should be so proud of where you are in your life and how blessed you are with your family. We are so lucky to have you as a friend. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I totally agree about the wedding dress thing. One of my co-workers gets to wear her dress 4 times with them eloping and all the receptions. Maybe that's the better way to go. :-)

    ReplyDelete