Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sorry Bob's!

So my husband made two things clear to me tonight: 1. that he doesn't keep up with my blog regularly (maybe he should sign up for the emails!) and 2. that my previous post is based on a lie.  Well, not intentionally of course!  For you music-lovers out there who were horrified by my mistake, I am sorry! 

Nick came downstairs a few minutes ago to inform me of my gigantic oversight...the song we heard in church that Mother's Day weekend was in fact Bob Marley (I would not forget the feeling of hearing Marley in church!)  However, as you may well know, he does not sing "Don't Worry, Be Happy"...Bobby McFerran does.  The Marley song I heard is called "Three Little Birds" and includes the lyrics "Don't worry, 'bout a thing, every little thing's gonna be alright."  And my over-tired brain apparently thought these were the same song.

The idea behind the post remains - that God is always in control and that we should always give our worries over to Him.  However, the perfectionist in me could not go to bed tonight without correcting my mistake!  And while I'm on, I have an update to share as well.  My mom's second chemotherapy treatment was today and now she has completed half of her treatments!  We continue to pray that her "tough" days this weekend (Sunday - Tuesday) aren't as tough as last time and that God will continue to give her strength both mentally and physically.  Thank you so much for the prayers!!

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to be wrong, but in the case of music Nick was right to correct you. Too funny. Yes, he should read your blog more frequently. BTW, I did post the scone recipe in case you want to give it a go. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt frequently edits and has commentary about my blog posts. I call him my Editor, I don't always like what he has to say but I do get an honest opinion. So glad to hear your mom is doing well with her treatments!! (Just sign Nick up for the emails yourself!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate out-and-out refuses to even look at my blog, though I suspect he's seen it. He keeps humming "Here Comes the Sun" at the most random moments, but he won't confess to reading it. SO annoying. :-P Be glad Nick looks at and comments on yours, even if it's just to make a correction! :)

    ReplyDelete