Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Beginnings

It's been so long since my previous post, I don't know where to start!  It seems everyone has started something new here.  Three weeks ago, the girls had just started preschool, my baby boy had just learned to crawl and the family wedding event of 2011 became the wedding event of 2010!!  We are all (obviously, my almost-SIL most of all!) thrilled with how well everything is coming together :)

 The girls are doing great in preschool - getting smarter every day!  Once a week they take in a picture to coordinate with the letter of the week and something to share coordinating with the theme or color of the week...it's always so fun to see what pictures and items they come up with for their sharing time! 

My sweet baby boy is already turning into my fast and very curious baby boy!  He learned to crawl just a few days into his 7th month (which was much quicker than both girls) and about a week later starting climbing up to a stand on pretty much anything he can reach: his exersaucer, the bathroom stepstool...the stairs!  Saturday night, I was in the bathroom making sure the girls were brushing their teeth and my little man pulls up to stand on the stepstool, gives me a huge, drooly grin and lets go with one hand.  He looks around the bathroom, presumably for something else to hold onto, and when he didn't find anything within arm's length, he lets go - for less than a half a second, my little man was standing!  Oh my...I believe I am about to understand exactly how different it will be raising a boy after starting with two girls!!

Look Mama, I think I want to stand up soon...

Hmm...I found a great hiding spot under the coffee table!

These steps look like fun to climb...

Getting closer to standing up on my own! 
He thinks raising his hands in the air is going to help :)

Standing up!
(Only holding on to Mom for security, but I can stand on my own now!!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, but they're so much fun! Not having girls, I can't speak for how much fun they can be, too, but it seems that little boys especially love their mommies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big they are getting, B! I can't wait to see them again. Make sure to take some time for yourself (or we could just schedule a girls' night), and post some more pictures of your little cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys are definitely an adventure, but I agree with Jennifer that they love to snuggle with their mommies. Enjoy every moment. We all know they are going to grow up too fast.

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete