Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Operator, I Need to Call Heaven Please

Three years ago today my Nana left this world to join our Good Lord (and my Papa Carl) in Heaven.  I miss her terribly but I like to tell A and C stories about her to keep her memory alive for them.  She died when they were only 18 months old, so they won't have any memories of their own but I hope that stories and pictures will help them "remember" their Nana like I do.



A few days ago, A and C were talking on their phones and I asked who was on the phone.  "We called Nana in Heaven.  She's having a great day!"  They proceeded to ask her what she was doing, then answer their own questions like 4 year olds do.  On this day, Nana was playing games, mostly Candyland, and some cards (probably quite accurate!)  Then she played outside and had some hot chocolate with marshmellows.  Sounds like a pretty good day to me too! 

At the time, I just smiled as the girls continued playing but as I write this I realize how much that moment meant to me.  To know that A and C, on their own and out of the blue, wanted to call Nana in Heaven means they have taken the stories and pictures to heart and will remember her in their own way! 

We love you and miss you Nana!

3 comments:

  1. SO cute, B!! Kids have a real intuition and are so honest. Pair that up with their creativity, and a lot of times, it brings a much-needed smile. At least your Nana was able to meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think playing Candyland, cards, and having some hot chocolate sounds like a wonderful day. A & C are sweet girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post brought tears to my eyes. Your girls have such wonderful hearts!!

    ReplyDelete